SensEpil uses the same technology as professional hair removal systems, but in a smaller, easier-to-use package. Using patented Home Pulsed Light Technology the SensEpil safely and effectively destroys unwanted hair.
SensEpil is ideal for individuals who want:
- Say goodbye to unwanted hair.
- Treatment for sensitive areas (bikini line) or smaller, targeted zones.
- Speed in treatment. Since the SensEpil plugs into the wall, the pulse speed ensures a quick treatment without worrying that your battery will die before you finish your session.
- Updated protocol for quicker results and increased efficacy.
- Silky smooth skin without ingrown hairs and razor burn.
- An affordable solution to hair removal
- International plug for your convenience
Features & Benefits
- FDA cleared technology.
- Proven technology - HPL has been cleared for 4 years and has seen millions of treatments world wide - US, Canada, Europe, Asia, Israel and more!
- Affordable compare to professional clinics $2000+ or other at home lasers. Make costly laser hair removal a thing of the past!
- More pulses of hair removal energy.
- Compact high tech design perfect for travel or storage.
- Dermatologist recommended.
Light Based Hair Removal
The process of laser and light-based hair removal is well known and established. It has been proven in clinical use around the world for over 15 years as a safe and effective way to achieve permanent results.
Light-based hair removal is based on the theory of selective photothermolysis in which optical energy is used to disable hair growth. In order to achieve such thermal effect, the hair shaft needs to selectively absorb light energy and transform it into heat. This selectivity is achieved when high optical energy that is delivered to the tissue is mostly absorbed by hair shaft pigment, while the epidermis and the surrounding tissue is actively cooled (by a cooling mechanism). Melanin is the pigment in the hair shaft that is responsible for the absorption of the light, which generates the heat that eventually disables hair growth. When hair growth is disabled, hair removal is achieved.
Home Pulsed Light™ (HPL)
Silk'n SensEpil is a personal combined-energy based device for long-term hair removal. The Silk'n SensEpil is based on Home Pulsed Light (HPL) technology which is a proprietary and patented technology of Home Skinovations Ltd. Epilation with Home Skinovations' proprietary HPL technology is enhanced by a unique acoustic effect that improves the normal process of photoepilation, enabling hair removal epilation with low level of optical energy without the need to cool the skin.
Hair Growth Cycle
Every hair in our body goes through the three phases of the hair growth cycle: Anagen, Catagen and Telogen. These phases have an important impact on how the process of light-based hair removal works.
Anagen is the hair growth phase while Catagen and Telogen, are both resting phases.
The time it takes to complete a full hair growth cycle varies from person to person and the location of the hair on the body, and for some individuals it may take 18-24 months. At any given moment the majority of the hair follicles in any skin area are in the resting stages. These resting hairs cannot be affected by laser or light hair removal treatment, however hairs in the growing Anagen phase will respond. It is therefore important to understand that it may take a full hair growth cycle to achieve complete results when doing any energy based hair removal.
Most people start to see noticeable results after four treatments, and great results after six treatments. Maintenance treatments are common after eight treatments to treat stray hairs that may have been in Telogen or Catagen phase or to treat patches of hairs that were missed in initial treatment.